Printing Struggles

May 3, 2014 in News

The Print server is once again acting erratically. We have redone the code to automatically allow printing when it is up and to exclude printing when it is down. We are meeting with ITS in the near future to increase the stability of the Tomcat server which powers the MapFish module driving the print capabilities of our application.

Share

9 responses to Printing Struggles

1. I have been attempting to print a map for the last 24 hours. Is the server down again?

• It is set up now to automatically add the print service if the server is up, so it is almost certainly down. We are currently working with ITS at UNC to recompile and restructure the server, which will hopefully be done in the near future.

2. The server seems still down as of January 18th 2015.

3. Is there a way to export the maps to any other formats than the ones available, like tif, jpg, eps?

4. I am having been trying to print a map for a while and keep getting a connection fail message. Is the printing feature still working?

5. Likewise. Tried to print but no joy? Map data has gone when I return

Fortunately I’d downloaded a json but it won’t let me upload it. Errors every time?

6. Thanks for letting me know. I’m looking into the issue, and will post again (hopefully with good news) when I know more.

7. The printing option appears to be still down. Neither can I move or resize the ‘orange box’ to adjust the desired printing area. Any suggestions would be welcome!

8. Great, I looking for this so long. Thanks for your effort