- Design, progamming, implementation, web development, and data lead: Ryan Horne
- Data assistance, design assistance, and acting director of the AWMC: Jeffrey Becker
- Design assistance and faculty lead: Richard Talbert
- Information infrastructure lead: Joseph Ryan [UNC ITS Humanities Research Associate]
- Data assistance: Ray Belanger
- Data assistance: Ashley Lee
- Feature data derived from: Pleiades (CC-BY) and original work of the AWMC.
- Places, locations, and some names derived from Pleiades (CC-BY) and its contributors, and are credited as appropriate in the AWMC API.
- Elevation data derived from: USGS supplied SRTM data , courtesy of the U.S. Geological Survey, in the public domain.
- Icons partially derived from: SJJB SVG Map Icons (CC-0), from public domain files in wikimedia commons, and from original work of the AWMC.
- All shapefiles are the work of the AWMC and are modified from VMAP0, which is in the public domain.
- The rivers shapefile has additional line work derived from Natural Earth, which is in the public domain.
- Modern elevation and hill shade data from GTOPO30, courtesy of the U.S. Geological Survey, in the public domain.
- All modern shapefiles derived from VMAP0 by GIS-Lab which is released into the public domain.
- All underlying data used in the map is available at: http://awmc.unc.edu/wordpress/map-files/
- All site content, map files, data, and maps derived from the application are released under the Creative Commons CC BY 4.0 license.
- The API utilizes CSS from the BuddyPress default theme, released under the GPLv2 license.