Support the Ancient World Mapping Center
The initial success of the AWMC reinforces the importance of safeguarding its smooth operation for the indefinite future. To that end, we have created a fund to permanently support its core staff and activities, including the acquisition of research materials and the operation of a vigorous teaching and outreach program. This endowment will provide a secure annual budget in perpetuity, ensuring that the Center continues to serve as a source of information and expertise, conducting research, teaching and public service missions.
How you can help
Private gifts, both large and small, are essential to supporting the Center’s endowment, building on the initial support of our institutional sponsors and growing ranks of private donors. Contributions are tax deductible, and may be made in the following ways:
- By mail
- Download and fill out our AWMC gift/pledge form and send it to: The Arts and Sciences Foundation, 134 E. Franklin St., CB# 6115, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-6115 U.S.A. Checks should be made payable to “The Arts and Sciences Foundation.” In the memo line, please indicate “7848: Ancient World Mapping Center Endowment.”
- By credit card
- Visit https://giving.unc.edu/gift/asf and click on the “Search Funds” button. Search for “Ancient World Mapping Center Endowment” and select “Give.” Follow the onscreen directions for choosing your amount and entering gift details.
To receive further information about giving to the endowment or forms of recognition, please contact the Arts and Sciences Foundation at (919) 962-0108 or email the director of the Ancient World Mapping Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AWMC, its staff and affiliates extend their appreciation to all of the donors who have supported the Center since it was created, including the following organizations that provided initial funding:
- The National Endowment for the Humanities
- The Stavros S. Niarchos Foundation
The Ancient World Mapping Center Endowment Fund provides a reliable income to support the core staff and activities of the Center, including the following:
- Lecture series
- Outreach and support to education
- Acquisitions and maintenance
- Operations and training
- Stipend for a graduate research fellow
- Visiting postdoctoral research fellowship a few weeks in duration
- Part-time administrative manager’s salary and benefits
- Director’s salary, benefits and overhead costs
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the Arts & Sciences Foundation, and the Ancient World Mapping Center are covered by the University’s status as a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. under U.S. federal law. A copy of the appropriate 501(c)(3) determination letter is available upon request.